How your personal information is used by Bracknell Town Football Club Academy
Your information will be held by Bracknell Town Football Club “BTFC” Academy
How we use your personal information
This privacy notice is to let you know how BTFC ACADEMY promises to look after your personal information. This includes what you tell us about yourself and the choices you give us about what marketing you want us to send you. This notice explains how we do this and informs you of your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Data Protection law changed on 25 May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation “ GDPR” comes into effect. This notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws. We will notify you if any changes occur to the policy.
How the law protects you
As well as our Privacy Promise, the law protects your privacy. How does this work?.
Data Protection law says that we can use personal information only if we have a legitimate reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside BTFC ACADEMY. The law states we must have one or more of these reasons:
To fulfill a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When you consent to it.
Here is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are.
What we use your personal information for:
- To manage the membership of you and your child (where applicable) with BTFC ACADEMY
- To allow us to run BTFC ACADEMY in an efficient and proper way. This includes managing our members, managing membership payment fees, proof of age document and registering with The FA and the various football leagues that BTFC ACADEMY play in.
- To obey laws and regulations that apply to us from The FA and the various leagues that our teams and players participate
- To collect and recover money that is owed to us
- Ensuring our Managers, coaches, referees and volunteers have the relevant CRC checks and qualifications required to help run teams in BTFC ACADEMY
- Your consent
- Player insurance
- Our legitimate interests
- Our legal duty
- Registering players with our regulator The FA and appropriate leagues and ensuring members are in the correct age groups
- Payments of fines to leagues and The FA and providing accurate data when required. Verification and eligibility of players International clearance for overseas players
- Payment of membership fees, and recovery of collecting player fines HMRC purposes
- Safeguarding Children and coaching and first aid qualifications
Our legitimate interests:
- Keeping our records up to date.
- Seeking your consent when we need it to contact you
- Complying with regulations that apply to us.
- Being efficient about how we fulfil our legal and contractual duties Club communications to keep you updated of events with BTFC ACADEMY and any issues with fulfilling training sessions and fixtures
- Complying with regulations that apply to us.
- Membership fees, payments of fines imposed upon us by the FA/Leagues VAT
- Keeping children safe
|Types of personal information we use: Contact||Where you live and how we make contact with you, telephone number and email address.|
|Transactional||Details about payments for membership fees, player fines from the FA, BTFC ACADEMY merchandise sales and fundraising activities.|
|Documentary Data||Copies of birth certificate or passports and passport size photo for purposes of league registrations and ID cards|
|Special types of data||Health data and gender that we may need to know for The FA and the various leagues our members play for.|
|Consent||Any permissions, consents, or preferences that you give us|
|Membership Number||A number given to you, to identify who you are and to record any membership fee payments against.|
Data you give to us:
- When you apply for membership to BTFC ACADEMY
- When you talk to us on the phone
- In emails and letters
- In membership payment fees
- Enquires made through our website
- Through our online shop
Data we collect when you use our services. This includes the payment of membership fees; amount, frequency, type:
- Payment and transaction data for membership fees, merchandise kit, fundraising or sponsorship
Data from third parties we work with:
- The FA
- The Berks and Bucks County Football Association
- A number of football leagues
- GBG Online disclosures
Who we may share your personal information with
- The FA
- The County Football Associations
- Various football leagues
- Selected third-party vendors. Eg. Selected kit manufacturers
We may need to share your personal information with other organisations to provide you with the level of service you require
- Your team manager/coach or team administrator to enable communications for match details and player availability
- Various team communications.
- Insurance companies in the event of an insurance claim
- GBG Online disclosures for Criminal Record Checks. If you help as a volunteer to run a team or are in contact with children. The criminal record checking process helps BTFC ACADEMY make safer recruitment decisions, enabling them to undertake appropriate checks on staff, potential staff referees and students who may come into contact with children and vulnerable groups.
- FA Training courses such as First Aid, Safeguarding Children and Coaching qualifications
- Selected third-party vendors.
If you choose not to give personal information
We may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract, we have with you.
If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform the services needed to provide football in the community. It could mean that we are unable to provide you with membership to BTFC ACADEMY. Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
We may use your personal information to keep you informed of events within BTFC ACADEMY.
The personal information we have for you is made up of what you tell us.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. It must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time. Whatever you choose, you’ll still receive important information such as requests for membership fees to be paid, weather updates that may prevent matches or training proceeding and match cancellations. We may ask you to confirm or update your choices if there are changes in the law or regulations that affect how we are able to use your data. If you change your mind you can update your choices at any time by contacting us.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a member of BTFC ACADEMY
After you stop being a member, we may keep your data for up to 12 months for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints.
- To show that we treated you fairly.
- To maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
- We may keep your data for longer than 12 months if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory, or technical reasons. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
Financial information (membership fee payments) may be kept for longer for the purposes accounting and HMRC.
How to get a copy of your personal information
You can access your personal information we hold by writing to us at this address: Bracknell Town FC Academy, Larges Lane, Bracknell, RG12 9AN.
Letting us know if your personal information is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us emailing [email protected].
What if you want us to stop using your personal information?
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’. There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data. Please tell us if you think that we should not be using it. We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted. You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
- It not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You have already asked us to stop using your data, but you are waiting for us to tell you if we can keep on using it.
- If you want to object to how we use your data or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it, please email: [email protected].
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you want to do so. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide membership or services to you. If this is so, we will tell you.
How to complain
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact us at Bracknell Town FC Academy, Larges Lane, Bracknell, RG12 9AN.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern. www.ico.org.uk
Future formats for sharing data
The Data Privacy laws changed on 25 May 2018. From now on you will have the right to get your personal information from us in a format that can be easily re-used. You can also ask us to pass on your personal information in this format to other organisations.
We are working with our industry to improve the way your data is shared. We’ll update this notice with more details as needed and notify you.